Batch processing and scheduling tasks to fight procrastination
Do you know how to make a good to-do list?
Do you know how to set priorities versus the time it takes?
Do you have a problem with over-committing?
One of the most effective skills you can have in life is effective time management. According to Michael Hyatt: “What gets scheduled gets done. ” If you’re not managing your time well, there’s no way you’re going to reach your goals at work and the life outside of it.
Marc Zao-Sanders mentions time boxing as the number 1 tool for productivity among 100 tips.
In today’s episode, we discuss time boxing and batch processing. We also discuss how these following points work:
- Schedule your tasks in your calendar
- Meetings with yourself
- Combination of smaller tasks
- Using chunks of 15 minutes effectively
Learn about the benefits of:
- Allocating the right task with the right duration at the in the right time (e.g. emails after lunch and hard cognitive SAP writing in the morning)
- Saving space for the important work but also for the necessary tasks like emails and some SOP trainings
- Avoiding over-committing
- Relieving your stress levels by having a good way of saying no
- Better planning on when things will get done in reality.
Listen to this episode and become an effective statistician!