Do you currently run an initiative?
Do you want to get support or budget for an initiative?
Do you want to change the design or analyses of a study?
Do you need to run it past a committee or a senior person?
In this episode, I talk about these 4 important advice if you want to engage with key people in your organization:
- Be clear on your goals
- Where is the stakeholder now
- Prepare slides and review these from the audience perspective
- Create potentially a pre-read
- Set the expectations for the meeting
- Create a common objective depending on what the interest of the stakeholders are
- Avoid too long monologues
- Remove distractions for all participants
- Get the participants to do something
- Remind about your key points
- Anticipate roadblocks and critique
- Clarify and ask questions
- Get feedback
- Amplify key messages
- Have a specific call to actions
- Next steps
Listen to this episode now and share this with your friends and colleagues who might learn from it!